From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: persist specific requests only in RAM cache
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2015 20:26:51 GMT

> On Sep 28, 2015, at 12:37 PM, Jeremy Payne <jp557198@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> not sure if this answers your question, but i have been thinking about something similar.
>
> this is how i have it played out in my mind, although i havent looked at the transaction
points to see when host/domain is considered for volume placement.

> 1. create a ramdisk(or some memory based filesyetm)
> 2. map the ramdisk to store content for some domain

This ought to work, however, be aware that if you have ATS configured with a RAM cache, you
will store such objects in RAM twice. If you do this, odds are that you are best off turning
off RAM cache entirely in ATS itself (but, I’ve never done that, so not sure how the performance
will be).

— Leif

> 3. write a lua script to change the cache key of specific requests to something within
the ramdisk domain
> 4. the expectation is that with this change, the desired objects will be found in the
ramdisk volume.

> On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 1:20 PM, Daniel Morilha <dmorilha@gmail.com <mailto:dmorilha@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if ats provides any way to trick the cache and store some specific
request only in RAM so when ats restarts the entry won't be there any longer.