From Steve Malenfant <smalenf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: regex_remap and $p
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2015 14:55:42 GMT
Haven't tested with lua. We noticed the behavior changes when regex_remap
is used with header_rewrite.

regex_remap by itself $p is the "original request port"
regex_remap with header_rewrite $p is the "origin port"

We investigating this at the moment. Would be nice to have regex_remap
support the different type or components from an uri.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_resource_identifier

"authority part" for example to keep username:password@example.com:123
 or even "hierarchical part" so would just be easier to drop query strings.