From Phil Sorber <sor...@apache.org>
Subject Re: persist specific requests only in RAM cache
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2015 20:53:39 GMT
On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 2:48 PM Jeremy Payne <jp557198@gmail.com> wrote:

> i am going to test this tonight, but are you saying that it's possible to
> split the cache based on some transaction condition?
>
> meaning the below would be stored in ramdisk.
>
> http://media.domain.com/chunk.ts
>
> while the below would be stored in a generic(disk) volume.
>
> http://media.domain.com/image.gif
>
> again, i have yet to test, but i believe this is all driven by setting the
> cache key to use the domain which is mapped to the ramdisk volume.
> if this sounds right to you, then it means i am on the right path.

I know for sure you can specify what volume you want something to land on.
Not sure if setting the cache key will do this for you though. Worth a shot.

Also, I think was Leif was suggesting was that you turn the ram cache off
in favor of a ram drive, but that will have the side effect of turning ram
cache off for your non-volatile storage as well which I do not think you
want.