From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Purge Question
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2015 17:22:25 GMT

> On Sep 28, 2015, at 5:39 AM, Jeremy Payne <jp557198@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> BTW, the reason I mention using my own genid in lua, is because I dont see access to
 'proxy.config.http.cache.generation' in the lua plugin code. Maybe that config over-ride
will be added to the Lua plugin in the near future.

Could you please file a ticket for that?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS

> On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 7:22 AM, Jeremy Payne <jp557198@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> James.. I'll test the genid configuration option. I'll also test writing a lua script
that takes from both the regex_reval and genid plugins.
>  In this per remap lua script, Ill open a rule file/db The file/db will contain a list
of regex's and a genid. Upon matching, the lua script
> will set the cache key with respect to the corresponding genid. I think when I define
my paths/regexes to match, I will use Unix  time
> as my gendid.
>
> Thanks all for the responses and suggestions.
>

> On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 11:19 PM, James Peach <jpeach@apache.org> wrote:
>
> If you want to get more creative, you could use the Lua plugin to crack the generation
ID based on some arbitrary criteria.