From Yongming Zhao <ming....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: What's the common usecase of TrafficServer Cluster
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2015 11:07:51 GMT
The Cluster is a Cache Cluster, which is a cache storage expansion to all the cluster members,
that means, the cluster should only be consider as a single caching host with multiple IP
interfaces. no high available service as in lvs and others in the cluster. In the Cluster
type = 1, due to the consistent hashing used in the content storing, the URL store is load
balanced to all the cluster members.

in production, you may need to add high available service such as GSLB and LVS etc, or do
the balance/failover your own way, choose on you own needs.

back in the inktomi age, the WCCP can work with Cluster to provide a more efficient management
in local caching deployment, but it may not work that well now.

- Yongming Zhao 赵永明