From Karthik Kailash <karthik.l.kail...@gmail.com>
Subject Behavior of traffic server on client connection timeout?
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 22:54:20 GMT
Hi,

I have ATS 4.2 configured as a reverse proxy for a HTTP upload service.
The flow is ATS -> HAProxy -> Origin server farm.

In records.config, I have:
CONFIG proxy.config.http.transaction_no_activity_timeout_in INT 60
CONFIG proxy.config.http.transaction_no_activity_timeout_out INT 60

Which I assume governs ATS behavior when there's been no activity (no new
bytes from user connection).

I did a test where the client connection is interrupted (by unplugging the
ethernet cable during an upload).  However, ATS log does not show a timeout
after 60 seconds.  Instead, once the upstream server detects a connection
timeout, it returns a 500, which gets logged by ATS.

I'd like to have ATS detect a client connection timeout, and then terminate
its connection to the origin server and log the event.  How can I do this?

--
Karthik Kailash
Phone: (408) 768-7704