From Phil Sorber <sor...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Server 5.3.1 (RC0)
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2015 04:56:36 GMT
Hello All,

I've prepared a release for v5.3.1 (RC0) which is the latest stable release
in the 5.3.x series. This is the second release in our Long Term Support
(LTS) version as detailed in our Release Management document:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Release+Management

Changes since 5.3.0:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12327092&projectId=12310963

Of special note are two fixes for CVE-2015-3249 that effect the HTTP/2
experimental feature in Apache Traffic Server 5.3.0. They are both DOS
attacks and can be avoided by simply disabling HTTP/2 or upgrading.

A summary of the new features in 5.3.x are here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/What%27s+new+in+v5.3.x

Information about upgrading to this release from previous ones is available
at:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Upgrading+to+v5.0

The cache in this release is compatible with the previous 5.x and 4.x
releases.

The artifacts are available for download at:

http://people.apache.org/~sorber/releases/trafficserver/5.3.1-rc0/

MD5: 9c0e2450b1dd1bbdd63ebcc344b5a813
SHA1: 771d3fafac6b8e144376fb16398f03b79f39912f

This corresponds to git:

Tag: 5.3.1-rc0

Which can be verified with the following:

git tag -v 5.3.1-rc0

My code signing key is available here:

http://people.apache.org/~sorber/gpg-code-signing-key.asc

Make sure you refresh from a key server to get all relevant signatures.

The vote is open until Jul 2nd 2015. This is shorter than normal because it
is a bug fix/security release and the holiday weekend.

Thanks All!