From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ATS 6.0 Logging Question
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2015 21:46:51 GMT

> On Jun 30, 2015, at 5:53 AM, Adam W. Dace <colonelforbin74@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> First, let me say the new logging regime is looking good.  Really good.  I've had quite
the fun time defining my own logging format and it seems to be working quite well.

> The only thing I miss at all about the old logging system was the idea that errors get
logged into a different file.

> Is there any way to do this in the new regime?  I'm guessing not but I wanted to just
ask.

That should still be the case. Does it not do that? If so, we have a serious problem. The
“new regime” is not that new, we simply removed the hardcoded formats (and related records.config
settings), and moved them all to the XML config file. The error log should not have changed.

— Leif