After installed "libcurl4-openssl-dev", I can see the two "top" commands!! Thanks Leif and Igor.

For users who met same issue, here is a quick summary you can read instead of reading this whole thread:
You need to check following two libs, make sure they are installed before ATS installation.
apt-get install -y libcurl4-openssl-dev
apt-get install -y libncurses5-dev

I tested on Docker's official Ubuntu(latest) image:

root@8e411f7e1912:/opt/ats/bin# ls

traffic_cop       traffic_line      traffic_manager  traffic_top    tspush

traffic_crashlog  traffic_logcat    traffic_sac      traffic_via    tstop

traffic_layout    traffic_logstats  traffic_server   trafficserver  tsxs

root@8e411f7e1912:/opt/ats/bin# uname -a

Linux 8e411f7e1912 3.18.5-tinycore64 #1 SMP Sun Feb 1 06:02:30 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

thanks
Huaping Gu