On Mar 24, 2015, at 8:25 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:

On Mar 24, 2015, at 7:53 PM, Huaping Gu <humphrey.gu@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Igor,
When I tried to install "ncurses-dev" on Ubuntu 14.04, I am recommended to install "libncurses5-dev", so I installed libncurses5-dev.
sudo apt-get install ncurses-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'libncurses5-dev' instead of 'ncurses-dev'
libncurses5-dev is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 6 not upgraded.

Then configure the source code, configuration out put shows ncurse is there.
cd trafficserver/
autoreconf -if

checking for working ncurses/curses.h..

Try installing the lib curl package, e.g.

$ sudo apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev

I should clarify, you need both the package above, and the appropriate libncurses5-dev packages. Maybe someone here who is a Debian maintainer can add these requisites to the “traffic server” meta-package for setting up the build environment? :)

— Leif