TSHttpTxnClientAddrGet is the source IP used by the client when establishing a TCP connection with ATS. If the client (cell phone) changes it's source IP for every new connection, then, yes, it could be different.

Thanks,

Sudheer

From: 毅程 <phillipchengyi@gmail.com>
To: users@trafficserver.apache.org; Sudheer Vinukonda <sudheerv@yahoo-inc.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2015 7:58 AM
Subject: Re: understanding the incomingIP, clientIP and serverIP

Hi Sudheer:

Thank you for the reply.
so the TSHttpTxnClientAddrGet is the ip after the server accept it, so that is not the real cell phone ip.
so that one changes for each request the cell phone makes, right.

Following is what I see in my trace. Then how can I get the real cell phone IP?
incomingAddr: 2.0.31.144
 clientAddr: 2.0.207.71

incomingAddr: 2.0.31.144
 clientAddr: 2.0.207.72

incomingAddr: 2.0.31.144
 clientAddr: 2.0.207.73
Cheng Yi

The naming of this API can be a little confusing. Below's what they do:

TSHttpTxnIncomingAddrGet - the traffic server accepting connection ip

TSHttpTxnClientAddrGet - is the cell phone IP

TSHttpTxnServerAddrGet - is the google ip

Thanks,

Sudheer