From Randeep <randeep...@gmail.com>
Subject Implementing a cdn using apache traffic server
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 09:16:42 GMT
Hi all,

I'm working in a Media company which sells its own hybrid set top box on
which we can see the video on demand content.

We are designing our own national wide private network which connects most
of the cities so that the users in the cities get a buffering less video
experience.

We would like to implement a caching server on each city POP for caching
the most used content.

Our content is encrypted content. We provide VOD as well as live channels.
VOD format is encrypted mp4 and live is encrypted DASH. In DASH, manifest
file(.mpd) is not encrypted.

Whether its VOD or Live the client will be requesting the byte range. Not
the entire file.

Can we use ATS for this? If we can, is it better to use it as reverse proxy
or transparent proxy?

Regards,
Randeep
Mob: +919880050349[B'lore]