From Paul Tader <pta...@collectivei.com>
Subject Re: forward proxy - Restricting domains.
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 21:29:54 GMT
Doesn’t this break the forward proxy then?

   # To enable forward proxy, you must turn off remap_required
CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.remap_required INT 1

> On Jan 9, 2015, at 2:47 PM, Sudheer Vinukonda <sudheerv@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
>
> You will also need to enable the config proxy.config.url_remap.remap_required (like Leif
suggested earlier).

> On Friday, January 9, 2015 12:30 PM, Paul Tader <ptader@collectivei.com> wrote:
>

> I think this would work, and I think I’m close but I tried this (ver 3 uses .useflt
and .defflt instead of .activatefilter and .deactivatefilter):

- DIRECT/www.oracle.com <http://www.oracle.com/> text/html -

> I’ve also tried placing ".useflt disable_all” before the “.useflt internal_only”
filter with no luck, sites not on the list are still allowed out.

>> On Jan 9, 2015, at 12:02 PM, Sudheer Vinukonda <sudheerv@yahoo-inc.com <mailto:sudheerv@yahoo-inc.com>>
wrote:

>> I think you would need to use named_filters to specify ranges in remap.config.
>>

>> remap.config — Apache Traffic Server 5.3.0 documentation <https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/reference/configuration/remap.config.en.html#named-filters>
>>

>> remap.config — Apache Traffic Server 5.3.0 documentation
>>  <https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/reference/configuration/remap.config.en.html#named-filters>remap.config
The remap.config file (by default, located in /opt/trafficserver/etc/trafficserver/) contains
mapping rules that Traffic Server uses to perform the following actions:
>> View on docs.trafficserver.apache.org <https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/reference/configuration/remap.config.en.html#named-filters>

>> Preview by Yahoo
>>

>> On Friday, January 9, 2015 9:50 AM, Paul Tader <ptader@collectivei.com <mailto:ptader@collectivei.com>>
wrote:

additional remap files using the “.include” directive in remap.config but I get these
errors after running traffic_line -x

Unknown directive ".include" at line 126
during BuildTable() -- check your remap plugins!

files. The argument to the .include directive is a list of file names to be parsed for additional
mapping rules. "

<http://trafficserver.readthedocs.org/en/latest/reference/configuration/remap.config.en.html>

>>> Nope and I apologize for that. Time to upgrade.
>>>
>>> Thanks everyone.
>>>

>> Before I upgrade, I’ve tried a “deny all” map as the last line in remap.conf
and listing all the allowed sites before this deny line, but it doesn’t take.  Can something
like this be done?  (ATS version 3.04)

  @action=allow   @src_ip=12.34.56.123
@src_ip=0.0.0.1-254.254.254.254

a internal IP address or IP address range to only be able to proxy certain top level domains
(ie google.com <http://google.com/>, yahoo.com <http://yahoo.com/>, etc)?  I’ve
read a lot on remapping, but I don’t think that is the correct approach.

your list of domains is smallish, then something in remap.config might work as well. I’ve
done this in the past, blocking all but a few HTTPS sites (via setting remap.required to 1
in records.config). The other option is to allow all sites, but list the ones that you intend
to block (map them to some nonexistent domain or IP, e.g. 10.0.0.0).