From Yongming Zhao <ming....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A question on expanding unqualified hostnames with local domain
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 07:51:24 GMT
well, looks like a bug for me. the domain & search in resolv.conf is very complex handled
in the dns resolver codes, and worse when deal with splitdns.

please file a Jira on this issue, as aways, patch is welcome.

btw, why would you want ATS to do the domain name expanding for you? I think most of our modern
clients will try to make the expanding on UA side, right? I had think of removing the domain
and search functions from the resolver codes, haha

- Yongming Zhao 赵永明

> 在 2015年1月7日,下午12:05,Masaori Koshiba <mkoshiba@yahoo-corp.jp> 写道:
>
> Hello,
>
> I got a problem with resolving unqualified hostnames by expanding to the local domain.
> It looks like ATS splits the local domain in 2 domains.
> Is there any settings to restrain ATS splitting the local domain?
>
> # Details
>
> Although my local domain is 'yahoo.co.jp', ATS expands the domain 'aaa' to 'aaa.co.jp'
when I send a proxy request like following,