From Masaori Koshiba <mkosh...@yahoo-corp.jp>
Subject A question on expanding unqualified hostnames with local domain
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 04:05:06 GMT
Hello,

I got a problem with resolving unqualified hostnames by expanding to the local domain.
It looks like ATS splits the local domain in 2 domains.
Is there any settings to restrain ATS splitting the local domain?

# Details

Although my local domain is 'yahoo.co.jp', ATS expands the domain 'aaa' to 'aaa.co.jp' when
I send a proxy request like following,

----
curl -x localhost:8080 http://aaa/
----

As far as I understand, the behavior of ATS is below.

1. When ATS start, ATS load the local domain from resolv.conf and add 'yahoo.co.jp' and 'co.jp'
to domain list.
2. ATS recives the request.
3. ATS adds '.yahoo.co.jp' to the domain and queries 'aaa.yahoo.co.jp'. This query fails because
there no such domain.
4. ATS adds '.co.jp' to the domain and queries 'aaa.co.jp'.

I just want ATS to add only '.yahoo.co.jp', my local domain, and return "502 Cannot find server".

# My Settings

My settings are below. If you need more details, please tell me.

## records.config
----
CONFIG proxy.config.http.server_ports STRING 8080
CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.remap_required INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.dns.search_default_domains INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.dns.resolv_conf STRING /etc/resolv.conf
----

## /etc/resolv.conf
----
domain          yahoo.co.jp