From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: ssl_ticket_enabled=0 don't work
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2015 00:14:02 GMT

Am 29.01.2015 um 20:25 schrieb James Peach:
>> On Jan 29, 2015, at 10:29 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net> wrote:
>>

>> [root@localhost:~]$ cat /etc/trafficserver/ssl_multicert.config
>> ssl_cert_name=thelounge.net.pem ssl_ca_name=godaddy_ca_sha256.crt ssl_ticket_enabled=0
>>
>> https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/
>> Session resumption (caching) 	Yes
>> Session resumption (tickets) 	Yes
>> SSL 2 handshake compatibility 	No
>
> First, what version of OpenSSL is this? We try to set SSL_OP_NO_TICKET, which I believe
was added in OpenSSL 0.9.9. Maybe httpd uses a different technique to disable session tickets.

Fedora 20
openssl-1.0.1e-41.fc20

> Can you turn on "ssl" debug logging? With ssl_ticket_enabled=0 you should see a message
like "ssl session ticket is disabled" ...

not sure how to do that

the only reachable server for ssllabs ist the production one
testing environments are not reachable from outside

>> (the ssl 2 handshake compatibility needs to be fixed too for some client like "ab"
the apache benchmark tool)

BTW: that annoys me for years now - "ab" supports SNI fine but not with ATS

>> _______________________________
>>
>> the today release of httpd introduces an option for that and it's description says
for me "no i do not want to restart services daily"

>> with Off https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/ says correctly
>>
>> Session resumption (caching) 	Yes
>> Session resumption (tickets) 	 No
>>
>> mod_ssl: New directive SSLSessionTickets (On|Off). The directive controls the use
of TLS session tickets (RFC 5077), default value is "On" (unchanged behavior). Session ticket
creation uses a random key created during web server startup and recreated during restarts.
No other key recreation mechanism is available currently. Therefore using session tickets
without restarting the web server with an appropriate frequency (e.g. daily) compromises perfect
forward secrecy. [Rainer Jung]