From Masaori Koshiba <mkosh...@yahoo-corp.jp>
Subject Re: A question on expanding unqualified hostnames with local domain
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 09:24:29 GMT
Filed as TS-3281. I'll send a patch later.

Actually, I don't intend ATS to do the domain name expanding. I found the behavior by chance.

2015/01/08 16:51、Yongming Zhao <ming.zym@gmail.com> のメール:

> well, looks like a bug for me. the domain & search in resolv.conf is very complex
handled in the dns resolver codes, and worse when deal with splitdns.

> please file a Jira on this issue, as aways, patch is welcome.
>
> btw, why would you want ATS to do the domain name expanding for you? I think most of
our modern clients will try to make the expanding on UA side, right? I had think of removing
the domain and search functions from the resolver codes, haha

> - Yongming Zhao 赵永明
>
>> 在 2015年1月7日,下午12:05,Masaori Koshiba <mkoshiba@yahoo-corp.jp>
写道:

>> Hello,
>>
>> I got a problem with resolving unqualified hostnames by expanding to the local domain.
>> It looks like ATS splits the local domain in 2 domains.
>> Is there any settings to restrain ATS splitting the local domain?
>>
>> # Details
>>
>> Although my local domain is 'yahoo.co.jp', ATS expands the domain 'aaa' to 'aaa.co.jp'
when I send a proxy request like following,

>> ----
>> curl -x localhost:8080 http://aaa/
>> ----
>>
>> As far as I understand, the behavior of ATS is below.
>>
>> 1. When ATS start, ATS load the local domain from resolv.conf and add 'yahoo.co.jp'
and 'co.jp' to domain list.
>> 2. ATS recives the request.
>> 3. ATS adds '.yahoo.co.jp' to the domain and queries 'aaa.yahoo.co.jp'. This query
fails because there no such domain.