From Yongming Zhao <ming....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A question on expanding unqualified hostnames with local domain
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 13:14:51 GMT
I think by design, if proxy.config.dns.search_default_domains is set to “1”, it will put
the default domain into the search list, which will a merged with the search domains.
the man page on resolve.conf show that the search domain will be set to default domain by
default, hehe.

I thinks that most of the domain & search functions will be used in the forward proxy
use case, where mostly a mix of internet and intranet. if someone is running on this dependence,
I would like to hear how is your concern.

thanks

- Yongming Zhao 赵永明

> 在 2015年1月8日,下午5:24,Masaori Koshiba <mkoshiba@yahoo-corp.jp> 写道:
>
> Filed as TS-3281. I'll send a patch later.
>
> Actually, I don't intend ATS to do the domain name expanding. I found the behavior by
chance.

> 2015/01/08 16:51、Yongming Zhao <ming.zym@gmail.com> のメール:
>
>> well, looks like a bug for me. the domain & search in resolv.conf is very complex
handled in the dns resolver codes, and worse when deal with splitdns.

>> please file a Jira on this issue, as aways, patch is welcome.
>>
>> btw, why would you want ATS to do the domain name expanding for you? I think most
of our modern clients will try to make the expanding on UA side, right? I had think of removing
the domain and search functions from the resolver codes, haha

>> - Yongming Zhao 赵永明
>>
>>> 在 2015年1月7日,下午12:05,Masaori Koshiba <mkoshiba@yahoo-corp.jp>
写道:

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I got a problem with resolving unqualified hostnames by expanding to the local
domain.
>>> It looks like ATS splits the local domain in 2 domains.
>>> Is there any settings to restrain ATS splitting the local domain?
>>>
>>> # Details
>>>
>>> Although my local domain is 'yahoo.co.jp', ATS expands the domain 'aaa' to 'aaa.co.jp'
when I send a proxy request like following,

>>> ----
>>> curl -x localhost:8080 http://aaa/
>>> ----
>>>
>>> As far as I understand, the behavior of ATS is below.
>>>
>>> 1. When ATS start, ATS load the local domain from resolv.conf and add 'yahoo.co.jp'
and 'co.jp' to domain list.
>>> 2. ATS recives the request.
>>> 3. ATS adds '.yahoo.co.jp' to the domain and queries 'aaa.yahoo.co.jp'. This
query fails because there no such domain.
>>> 4. ATS adds '.co.jp' to the domain and queries 'aaa.co.jp'.
>>>
>>> I just want ATS to add only '.yahoo.co.jp', my local domain, and return "502
Cannot find server".