From Timur Irmatov <irma...@gmail.com>
Subject persistent disk write at rate of ~4 MB/s
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2014 08:55:21 GMT
Hi,

I see that my trafficserver writes to disk at a rate of around 4 MB/s
irregardless of client load (which is small, less than 50 Mbit/s, with
as low as 2 Mbit/s at nights). I observe it with iostat and Collectd/
Graphite, 24 hours. Why is it doing so?

I am using bcache with one SSD and four 1 TB SATA drives behind it. I
am concerned that this persistent write stream will lead to premature
wear of SSD cache. Can I do something about it?

I think my question should be in FAQ. I noticed this behaviour a
couple of years ago but never got to asking about it until now.

--
Timur Irmatov