From "Alan M. Carroll" <...@network-geographics.com>
Subject Re: [CFP and ANNOUNCE] Fall 2014 ATS Summit
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2014 17:41:27 GMT
I have two talks I would like to present:

Hashing and Containers - current state and future direction of hashing, hash tables, and other
containers.

With the arrival of the Concurrency Kit and work that Phil, Brian, and I have done on hashing,
we need to be explicit about how to start using a fixed set of containers and phase out obsolete
ones (particularly TCL). I will talk about what's in ATS now and how it is expected to be
used.

Early Intervention - Getting hooked on acceptance.

As an outgrowth of Susan and James' work on SSL, we would like to provide a wider variety
of hooks very early in the transaction. In effect this is a generalization of the SSL hooks.
This is an design for future work, to set the style of how this should be done. I will discuss
promoting the Accept objects to be API visible and go through the implementation details of
the current protocol probing*.

* Note that because of Susan's work on the SSL tunneling feature, we can now protocol probe
SSL ports as well.

If someone else hasn't already take charge, I can work or contribute to the "How to Debug"
session.