From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: the questions on the usage of cacheurl plugin
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2014 18:29:10 GMT

> On Oct 27, 2014, at 11:03 AM, Alan M. Carroll <amc@network-geographics.com> wrote:
>
> Monday, October 20, 2014, 12:31:55 AM, you wrote:
>
>> 1. Is the cacheurl built by default ? The website said "This plugin is only built
if the configure option --enable-experimental-plugins”.  But I had the cacheurl.so available
under my libexec/trafficserver (/home/ats/test/local/trafficserver-5.0.1/libexec/trafficserver).
  So I think it was built by default in 5.0.1, right?

> Yes, that seems to be the case. The plugins in the "plugins" directory should be built
by default. The plugins builds enabled by --enable-experimental-plugins are in "plugins/experimental".
cacheurl was there first (as usual) and was at some point promoted to a standard default plugin
but the documentation wasn't updated.

>> 2. Where is the cacheurl.config file located?  The website said “ Create a cacheurl.config
file in the plugin directory with the url regex patterns to match”.  But there is no plugin
folder under my installed directory.  Should I put the cacheurl.config under the folder  same
as cacheurl.so lacerated ? (i.e. /home/ats/test/local/trafficserver-5.0.1/libexec/trafficserver)

> Yes, you can put it there. I find it a bit of an odd place to look, but that does appear
to be what the code does.

IIRC that was done for backwards compatibility.

> You can also pass the config file path as the first argument in the plugins.config file
for the plugin, e.g.

>    cacheurl.so jay-cacheurl.config
>
> with the argument being interpreted as relative to the config file directory (where records.config
is).

Yep, this is preferable imho