From "Alan M. Carroll" <...@network-geographics.com>
Subject Re: Hardware Recommendations for 1 Gbps forward proxy
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2014 16:11:04 GMT
Wednesday, October 15, 2014, 7:09:50 AM, you wrote:

> Am looking at setting up a web cache which could support 1 Gbps of web traffic.

My experience is that disk and memory do a lot more for ATS performance than CPU. Running
out of CPU generally indicats a bug or misconfiguration. You can never have too much RAM for
ATS.

For ISPs (forward proxy) cache size matters more than for reverse proxy, but the bigger your
disk cache the more RAM you need.

My recommendation, then is to prioritize in the order RAM, disk, CPU.