From Daniel Biazus <daniel.bia...@azion.com>
Subject traffic server cache key
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 18:14:49 GMT
Hi Guys,

    We've been using traffic server as a reverse proxy to delivery static
content across multiple CDN nodes, though the regex purge works as expected
through web UI tool, We've been facing some challenges regarding the cache
keys when the objects are stored in cache.
    In order to have a better understanding of our scenario, let's take a
look at this example:

Scenario 1:

- traffic server is working as a reverse proxy:

#remap.config

map http://finalurl.foo.bar/   http://originserver.foo.bar/
reverse_map  http://originserver.foo.bar/  http://finalurl.foo.bar/

- We have to purge all css files under the URL http://finalurl.foo.bar/

Considering this, we have to purge the following regex:

- http://finalurl.foo.bar/*.css

The example above doesn't work due the fact that traffic server uses the
origin URL to calculate the hash key, then, in this case we have to make a
purge request using the origin server URL (that's not nice with our
clients, right ?):

- http://originserver.foo.bar/*.css

So guys, anyone knows if there is a way to change the hash key in traffic
server, or even if is there some workaround to deal with this scenario ?

Thanks in advance,

--
Daniel Biazus

Porto Alegre, Brasil + 55 51 3012 3005
Miami, USA + 1 305 704 8816

Quaisquer informações contidas neste e-mail e anexos podem ser
confidenciais e privilegiadas, protegidas por sigilo legal. Qualquer forma
de utilização deste documento depende de autorização do emissor, sujeito as
penalidades cabíveis.

Any information in this e-mail and attachments may be confidential and
privileged, protected by legal confidentiality. The use of this document
require authorization by the issuer, subject to penalties.