From Scott Beardsley <sbea...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Escalate and TSHttpTxnErrorBodySet
Date Tue, 06 May 2014 16:10:40 GMT
On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 8:54 AM, James Peach <jpeach@apache.org> wrote:

> The way the escalation plugin was intended to work was to follow a chain of redirects
until it reached an
> origin that could send the desired content. In this model, there's never a need to set
the response body
> from the plugin.

Ya I understand, but how would one go about implementing such a feature using the existing
TS APIs? If such a feature would never be accepted into escalate that is fine, we can move
it to a new plugin.

We have a desire to avoid contacting third party origins for the response body for error
conditions (as well as continue to have expandable templates - so a mix of escalate plus what
is already available via body_factories). Also there is a requirement to maintain at least
some of the original response headers (including the response status).

Scott