From Bacon Tuna <baconandt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ATS x datacenter(s)
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 19:58:42 GMT
I'm actually not concerned about the backend availability as I am about the
gateways. If the gateways die nothing works. Here's a little more info in a
scenario format:

Client requests object from ATS.
Request is handled by geographic load balancer and directed to a cluster in
once data center 'A'.
The cluster fetches the object and caches it.
Client makes request for object again.
Request is handled by geo load balancer and directed to cluster in data
center 'B'.
Client requests object purged from cache.
Purge request is handled by geo load balancer and directed to cluster in
data center 'A'
Cluster invalidates object.

At this point the cache across 'A' and 'B' is inconsistent. Further
requests would either retrieve a "stale" object or fetch a new object and
cache it. Both objects would persist.

Do folks just preach "eventual consistency", or handle this via some other
means?