From Yongming Zhao <ming....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Odd 302 behavior
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2014 06:32:56 GMT
sounds to me you haven’t check the backend server access logs, in your case, if your origin
server may have a default virtual host or similar 302 to the www host, you may get some unexpected
result as you got now.

and please check: 'CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.pristine_host_hdr INT 1’, you can set to
‘0’ in your case.

anyway, check the input and out put is always a good idea. and https is not easy to debug,
you may change it ti http:// in the mapped to, to get it easy to tcpdump.

FYI

- Yongming Zhao 赵永明

在 2014年4月24日,下午12:51,Frank Smith <francis.h.smith@outlook.com> 写道:

> Thanks.  I will double check that I am using the trailing slash.  Also, appreciate the
help with pointing me at debug tags and http_ui, some additional visibility could be very
helpful here - particularly the raw HTTP headers.

> Out of curiosity, when I was debugging, I decided to try to use a known 'good' site as
my HTTPS backend, and I decided to try proxying myself to GitHub's website as a test.  (Since
I don't know whether I trust the configuration of my app server.)

> I abandoned that test, because it appeared that GitHub managed to get my browser to redirect
itself to their site, or depending on how I messed with the mappings - error out all together.

> Can anyone conceptually explain to me what is happening there, and what the correct way
to do that would be?

> Obviously, I have no interest in reverse_proxying my URL to GitHub, but I thought it
might be an interesting common example we could use to understand how this is supposed to
work.

> An example or two like that could really help the docs - since it is the proxy equivalent
of being able to use sample code.

> From: ming.zym@gmail.com
> Subject: Re: Odd 302 behavior
> Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 11:51:08 +0800
> To: users@trafficserver.apache.org
>
> no idea the root cause.
>
> but here is my points:
>
> 1, I’d use the / with hostname in the map: map https://gateway.mydomain.com/ https://app.mydomain.com/
>  that may help reducing some bad situation where ATS may …
>
> 2, the last redirect to www looks like a forward proxy behavior?
>
> 3, always consider the http_ui & debug tags in records.config, for the cache and
http transactions.

> hopes that will help
>

> - Yongming Zhao 赵永明
>
> 在 2014年4月24日,上午10:28,Frank Smith <francis.h.smith@outlook.com>
写道:

> I am new to the Traffic Server and I could use some help because I have some odd behavior,
which could be my ignorance, or perhaps an issue.

> So, I have an HTTPS server we will call gateway.mydomain.com reverse proxying to my application
serverapp.mydomain.com, which is also HTTPS.

> So, I have my remap.config with:
>
> map https://gateway.mydomain.com/ https://app.mydomain.com
>
> (and I have tried both with and without this next line)
>
> reverse_map https://app.mydomain.com https://gateway.mydomain.com
>
> When I front this through my browsers, both Chrome and IE, I get an error about page
not found or something (these user friendly messages are hard to understand what is happening
under the hood).

https://app.mydomain.com with a 302 status.

> However, I can pull up directly online my origin server - https://app.mydomain.com through
a web browser with no problem, as we are still testing this configuration - eventually we
will move the app.mydomain.com behind the proxy server.  I should note that I work on the
proxy team, and don't have much visibility to the app team - any questions I should ask of
them, would be greatly appreciated.

> To isolate the problem, I logged into the Traffic server, and issued a wget to the app.mydomain.com
and I got the exact same response I get in a web browser.

> So, then I wget against my gateway server - https://app.mydomain.com, and I get it trying
to redirect to www.mydomain.comand not finding that in the DNS, it bombs.  I have no idea
why it is trying to redirect there, and it doesn't try when I make the request directly with
a web browser or wget (on the server).