--enable-hwloc (it's enabled by default if you have hwloc-devel installed)

The /positive/ impact on performance is tremendous.
Hwloc helps us get a better picture of the underlying CPU architecture and
topology and optimize scaling of the number of threads and their alignment accordingly

~bye, i

Leif,

Mind me asking, what do you mean by compile with hwloc, meaning advantages or performance impact. And how do i compile with hwloc ? I'm compile on Centos 6.2 64bit fyi.

Thanks.

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:

On Nov 8, 2013, at 3:38 AM, Igor Galić <igalic@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> We have discovered a number of issues with this 4.1.0 RC,
>
> a severe one is this regression in proxy.node.* stats:
>
>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-2333

Fwiw, compiling with expat (—with-xml=expat) fixes the problem for me. I always compile with hwloc.

— Leif

--
Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org
GPG: 8716 7A9F 989B ABD5 100F  4008 F266 55D6 2998 1641