From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Configs does not apply !
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 21:41:16 GMT
On Nov 4, 2013, at 6:19 PM, Esmq <esmq@163.com> wrote:

> hi,all
> i use ats v4.0.1, also i found the following two situations about config apply:
> 1) config will not apply if not actual  change to the config file~  (mtime change to
config file does work!)

> 2) when config apply successfuly´╝î a corresponding message will log to manager.log~
> but sometimes ats skip the config apply (and  not log to manager.log),  i don't know
why ~ (particularly when change the remap.config, it fail to reload)

If you can create a reproducible test case, then I expect that this is very fixable. I'd need
to know the specific configuration that you change, and the traffic_line invocation that you
are using.

> At 2013-11-05 00:05:49,"Fei Wan" <wan_fei@yahoo.com> wrote:
> If there's error in the new config you're trying to apply, ATS won't use it due to the
errors. That's been what I experienced with 3.2. Try fixing the errors ATS complains first.
Then the config change should apply without a problem.

> On Sunday, November 3, 2013 4:27 PM, James Peach <jpeach@apache.org> wrote:
> On Nov 3, 2013, at 1:55 AM, Omid Kosari <omidkosari@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am using "Apache Traffic Server - traffic_line - 3.2.4 - (build # 32920 on
> > Apr 29 2013 at 20:40:15)" on "Linux cache2 3.5.0-42-generic #65-Ubuntu SMP
> > Tue Oct 1 23:38:22 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux"
> >
> > The problem is if i change config files and run "traffic_line -x" or even
> > "service trafficserver restart" the configs does not apply .
>
> It's hard to imagine how the configurations even after restarting :)
>

> > for example in ip_allow.config i wrote following line at the top of others
> > but still i can surf !
> > src_ip=0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255                    action=ip_deny  method=ALL
> >
> > or in parent.config
> > dest_domain=.  parent="1.1.1.12:6565;1.1.1.14:6565"  round_robin=strict
> > go_direct=false
> > where the 6565 is a wrong port and does not listening but still can surf .
>
> The first thing I would verify is that you are actually sending requests through Traffic
Server correctly. Use curl to verify.