From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding headers to 304 Responses
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2013 02:14:23 GMT
On Nov 22, 2013, at 4:59 PM, Mark Moseley <moseleymark@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Shu Kit Chan <chanshukit@gmail.com> wrote:
> From the header_rewrite plugin perspective,
> the 304 is coming straight out of ATS and not from origin server. That's fine.
> So all the plugin does is to look up "X-From-Apache" from this particular HTTP response
between ATS and the client. It can't find it. So it cancelled the add-header operation for
"X-ATS-1".
> But the add-header operation for "X-ATS-2" is still getting done without problem.
>

> However the header that's not seen by the headers_rewrite module is stored in the cached
response. If I do a non-conditional, non-"Pragma: no-cache" request, there's likewise no request
to the origin server but the header gets seen by the headers_module.

> So I'm trying to figure out how to amend the list of headers ATS should send back, in
the event of a cache-fulfilled 304 request.

It might help to trace the "header_rewrite" diagnostic tag with proxy.config.diags.debug.tags.
Can you also post your header_rewrite config file ... I've found that the syntax can be unintuitive