From Mark Moseley <moseleym...@gmail.com>
Subject No logs without proxy.config.http.enable_http_stats=1
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2013 06:36:29 GMT
(ATS 4.1.1, Ubuntu Precise 64-bit)

This may easily be chalked up to 'well, that's how it's supposed to work',
but I figured I'd ask anyway.

I was scratching my head trying to figure out why I couldn't get any of the
http logging working. strace'ing would show ATS opening the files,
optionally rotating old ones, but never actually writing anything to them.

I was going through all the options that were different from the
out-of-the-box config that the source comes with and finally got logging
working when I switched my config from
proxy.config.http.enable_http_stats=0 to =1. It could be somehow
interacting with other settings I've got, but I could definitely enable and
disable logging by toggling that option.

I can definitely see the connection between the two things, stats and
logging (of those stats). I had taken the warning in the configs, "The HTTP
stats are expensive, turn off you don't need them", so I had turned that
option off. But I expected that it referred to the various HTTP UI pages
you can poke around the various ATS statistics with, not anything to do
with logging.

* Is that supposed to disable logging?

* Is the "The HTTP stats are expensive, turn off you don't need them"
warning still apply in current versions of ATS?

*Summary logging is very cool. Is there a selector or something that you
can apply to a logging tag? I'm trying to get the HIT vs MISS stats in the
summary. Something like "%<COUNT(crc==HIT)> %<COUNT(crc=MISS)>" would be
pretty cool to be able to do.

Thanks! Sorry for all the questions.