From Mark Moseley <moseleym...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding headers to 304 Responses
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2013 00:59:06 GMT
On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Shu Kit Chan <chanshukit@gmail.com> wrote:

> From the header_rewrite plugin perspective,
> the 304 is coming straight out of ATS and not from origin server. That's
> fine.
> So all the plugin does is to look up "X-From-Apache" from this particular
> HTTP response between ATS and the client. It can't find it. So it cancelled
> the add-header operation for "X-ATS-1".
> But the add-header operation for "X-ATS-2" is still getting done without
> problem.

However the header that's not seen by the headers_rewrite module is stored
in the cached response. If I do a non-conditional, non-"Pragma: no-cache"
request, there's likewise no request to the origin server but the header
gets seen by the headers_module.

So I'm trying to figure out how to amend the list of headers ATS should
send back, in the event of a cache-fulfilled 304 request.