From Daniel Morilha <dmori...@gmail.com>
Subject gzip
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2013 18:59:56 GMT
Hi,

I am writing a transformation plug-in and I bumped up into the problem of
deflating the content after the transformation kicks in.

I believe that's a common problem that most of the transformation plug-ins
may suffer with.

I am aware ESI implements gzip itself and after giving a quick look into
the GZIP plug-in and realizing it will be tough to integrate into another
transformation plug-in I am inclined to do the same.

Couldn't we have the gzip capabilities baked into the C API. The Linked'in
atscppapi provides a nice way where you can inflate before the transformers
and defalte after all of them had passed. Only problem is the dependency it
creates on their APIs.

thanks,
--
Daniel Morilha (dmorilha@gmail.com)