From Yongming Zhao <ming....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] TS-1919: Eliminate CacheLookupHttpConfig
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 05:41:05 GMT
Leif: as we have talked, we are using that feature, and the late read-while-writer enhancement(not
yet submit due to it is bound to our cluster refine) is also built onto this structure. can
we keep it?

afaik, the CacheLookupHttpConfig is a control from http cache layer that will permit flex
control before the cache is really done, as the http & cache is designed to be two separated
 layer, that sounds not a too bad idea for me.

-1, that is my concern, cluster is the feature I can not compromise.

thanks

在 2013年11月12日,下午11:53,Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> 写道:

> On Nov 3, 2013, at 1:27 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I’d like to get some closure on the TS-1919 Jira issue. There have been concerns
raised about this patch, and I will try to explain the pros and the cons of this patch. Note
that this is committed on the v5.0.x branch (it’s an incompatible change), and I really
want to decide the future of this commit such that we can either agree to keep it, or back
it out right now.

> Haven’t heard any -1’s on this topic so far, so last call. Any concerns with keeping
this change as it currently applies to in the v5.0.x ?