From "Chin, Kenneth (HBO)" <Kenneth.C...@hbo.com>
Subject RE: Serving Content out of Cache
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2013 14:30:16 GMT
Yongming,

Thanks for the response.  I have reviewed the Apache Traffic Server 4.0.2 documentation as
well as all the configuration parameters carefully.  I was able to get Hierarchical Caching
working successfully with some trial and error testing.  Note that these are just parameters
that have been changed for a test system and will be adjusted accordingly for production.
 Also, these are parameters that I used and may not work for your configuration.  I hope this
helps anyone in the future.  Thanks to everyone.

Test Configuration

*         2 Origin Servers with Apache Web Server 2.2.15

*         2 Parent Servers with Apache Traffic Server 4.0.2

*         2 Edge Servers with Apache Traffic Server 4.0.2

Ken

Apache Traffic Server 4.0.2 Hierarchical Caching Parameters

cache.config

Parent

dest_domain=. action=ignore-no-cache
dest_domain=. ttl-in-cache=3d
dest_domain=. revalidate=1h

Child

dest_domain=. action=ignore-no-cache
dest_domain=. ttl-in-cache=3d
dest_domain=. revalidate=1h

parent.config

Parent

dest_domain=. parent=”origin.mydomain.com:80"

Child

dest_domain=. parent=origin.mydomain.com:80"

records.config

Parent

CONFIG proxy.config.http.server_ports STRING 80
CONFIG proxy.config.http.parent_proxy_routing_enable INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.background_fill_active_timeout INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.http.background_fill_completed_threshold FLOAT 0.000000
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.ignore_server_no_cache INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.normalize_ae_gzip INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.required_headers INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.cache.permit.pinning INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.cache.ram_cache.size INT 32G
CONFIG proxy.config.cache.ram_cache.algorithm INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.cache.enable_read_while_writer INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.reverse_proxy.enabled INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.remap_required INT 0

Child

CONFIG proxy.config.http.server_ports STRING 80
CONFIG proxy.config.http.parent_proxy_routing_enable INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.background_fill_active_timeout INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.http.background_fill_completed_threshold FLOAT 0.000000
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.ignore_server_no_cache INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.normalize_ae_gzip INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.required_headers INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.cache.permit.pinning INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.cache.ram_cache.size INT 32G
CONFIG proxy.config.cache.ram_cache.algorithm INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.cache.enable_read_while_writer INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.reverse_proxy.enabled INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.remap_required INT 0

storage.config

Parent

Remove file system cache:

  var/trafficserver 256M