From "Chin, Kenneth (HBO)" <Kenneth.C...@hbo.com>
Subject Serving Content out of Cache
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 20:51:00 GMT
Hello,

I have an Apache Traffic Server 4.0.2 hierarchical caching system.  I set the records.config
file to ignore both client and server no-cache directives.  I want the child server to send
content from its cache to a client web browser.  However, the child server always goes to
the parent server and the parent server to the origin to send content.  As I understand the
parameters:

CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.ignore_client_no_cache INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.ims_on_client_no_cache INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.ignore_server_no_cache INT 1

the child server is supposed to ignore the cache directive and serve the content directly
from the child server's cache and not from the origin server.  I am using raw disks for cache
and see the content being stored in disk cache the first time a client requests the content.
 The second client should get content from the child server's cache but does not.

Thanks

Ken

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the addressees.  Any copying, forwarding, printing
or other use of this e-mail by persons other than the addressees is not authorized.  This
e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by return e-mail (including
the original message in your reply) and then delete and discard all copies of the e-mail.

Thank you.