From Yongming Zhao <ming....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Serving Content out of Cache
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2013 16:21:18 GMT
that sounds not as expected, but we need more detail to give you some advise, for example what
your response header your origin server send.

and we find that most of new coming to ATS will have trouble deal with the cache & no
cache issue, and most of the config options in records.config already:
>    #################
>    # cache control #
>    #################

for example, if your origin server send you responses with cookies:

>    # cache responses to cookies has 5 options:
>    #   0 - do not cache any responses to cookies
>    #   1 - cache for any content-type
>    #   2 - cache only for image types
>    #   3 - cache for all but text content-types
>    #   4 - cache for all but text content-types except OS response
>    #       without "Set-Cookie" or with "Cache-Control: public"
>    # See also cache-responses-to-cookies in cache.config.
> CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.cache_responses_to_cookies INT 1

and the basic rules for how to get the content cached:

>    # required headers: three options:
>    #   0 - No required headers to make document cachable
>    #   1 - "Last-Modified:", "Expires:", or "Cache-Control: max-age" required
>    #   2 - explicit lifetime required, "Expires:" or "Cache-Control: max-age"
> CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.required_headers INT 2

all those config directives and option values listed in “cache control" should be examined
carefully, please refer to the online and in source documents.

thanks

在 2013年11月15日,上午4:51,Chin, Kenneth (HBO) <Kenneth.Chin@hbo.com> 写道:

> Hello,
>
> I have an Apache Traffic Server 4.0.2 hierarchical caching system.  I set the records.config
file to ignore both client and server no-cache directives.  I want the child server to send
content from its cache to a client web browser.  However, the child server always goes to
the parent server and the parent server to the origin to send content.  As I understand the
parameters:

> CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.ignore_client_no_cache INT 1
> CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.ims_on_client_no_cache INT 1
> CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.ignore_server_no_cache INT 1
>
> the child server is supposed to ignore the cache directive and serve the content directly
from the child server’s cache and not from the origin server.  I am using raw disks for
cache and see the content being stored in disk cache the first time a client requests the
content.  The second client should get content from the child server’s cache but does not.

> Thanks
>
> Ken
> This e-mail is intended only for the use of the addressees. Any copying, forwarding,
printing or other use of this e-mail by persons other than the addressees is not authorized.
This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by return e-mail (including
the original message in your reply) and then delete and discard all copies of the e-mail.