From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can ATS keep more than 500mbit/s traffic for single instance?
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2013 04:06:54 GMT

On Nov 22, 2013, at 9:02 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:

> On Nov 21, 2013, at 9:11 PM, James Peach <jpeach@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On Nov 21, 2013, at 7:57 PM, Adam W. Dace <colonelforbin74@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Also, once you've gotten past your immediate problem and are looking to deploy
my Wiki page may help:

>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/WebProxyCacheTuning
>>>
>>> To call it "best practices" would be a bit much, but I spent quite a bit of time
simply tuning ATS for my own uses.
>>> The page is finally stable(i.e. I'm done now) and I'm quite pleased.  I'm hoping
once the next release is out the door
>>> I can start bugging the commiters to take a look and review it.
>>
>> Yes, that's a nice piece of work! The effect ofproxy.config.system.mmap_max is interesting;
were you ble to test with tcmalloc?

One thought: Are you by chance running with the reclaimable freelist feature enabled ? If
so, it sounds like it could possible consume a metric ton of mmap areas. Can you check your
build and the number of map areas that your traffic_process is consuming ?

— leif