From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Rare HIT
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 15:34:00 GMT
On Nov 5, 2013, at 12:01 AM, Omid Kosari <omidkosari@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am trying to test ATS performance . In a normal test i checked several urls
> with three browsers and looking in /var/log/trafficserver/squid.log .
> for example i loaded following url one time with firefox , another time with
> google chrome and another time with IE .
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/28/Clouds_Blue_Sky_001.jpg

A guess would be that you get hit by this:

	https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-2245

I just landed this on master, so give it a test. You would need to set the configs to “2”
for it to be safe. What I suspect happens in your case is that the various browsers are differing
on what they send for Accept-Language: or one of the other Accept-* headers.

I’m thinking for v5.0.0, we want to make at least these three configurations the default:

	CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.ignore_accept_language_mismatch INT 2
	CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.ignore_accept_encoding_mismatch INT 2
	proxy.config.http.cache.ignore_accept_charset_mismatch INT 2

There are use cases for both the “0” setting and the “1” setting, but the most sane
behavior IMO is the above. But we can’t make this change in the v4.x release cycle, since
it’s technically an incompatible configuration change (it does change the behavior).

— Leif