From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: Can ATS cache https requests?
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 08:50:49 GMT

Am 26.11.2013 04:36, schrieb Karthick S:
> My use case is "Orgin Server <-> ATS (encrypted), and ATS <->Client (unencrypted)".
I wanted to configure ATS for
> this use case. Will this keep the https response in cache?

besides SSL between the servers and no encryption to the client makes pretty
no sense at all *no it will not* because it is the other way around

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSL_termination_proxy

> On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 9:01 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net <mailto:h.reindl@thelounge.net>>
wrote:

>     Am 26.11.2013 04:10, schrieb Karthick S:
>     > I am new to this SSL concept. You said that "If it's terminating them, then
yes, otherwise no". Which means
>     if the
>     > Client/Traffic Server SSL termination enabled only then the https response will
be cache or not? Can you please

>     "terminating" means endpoint
>
>     origin -> ATS -> unencrypted
>     ATS -> client -> encrypted
>
>     ATS has the certificates and does the encryption itself
>     otherwise *it can't* cache because it does not see content and headers by nature
of encryption