From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [REMINDER] Subscribe to the list before sending email to it
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2013 11:47:44 GMT

On 8 Nov 2013, at 18:40, Leif Hedstrom wrote:

> There’s a pretty significant amount of emails that have to be moderated right now.
This happens when you email one of the mailing lists from an account that is not subscribed.

> So, please make sure you email only from addresses which are subscribed to the list please.
This will put less of a burden on the moderators.

No use.  Only subscribers will see your message.

The choices are:
 * the status quo - moderation
 * open the list to spam from anyone
 * just reject mail from non-subscribers

There's no ASF-wide policy, and I expect a lot of lists are configured
by accident of history rather than anyone's choice.

--
Nick Kew