From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can ATS keep more than 500mbit/s traffic for single instance?
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2013 04:11:12 GMT

On Nov 21, 2013, at 1:46 PM, Pavel Kazlenka <pavel.kazlenka@measurement-factory.com>
wrote:

> You are right, I see
> >Server {0x2b74d72c1700} WARNING: too many connections, throttling
> in diags.log
>
> My test simulates 1k origin servers and 1k user-agents on 500 clients (2 agents per ip).
Which kind of connections this warning about (client or server side?) and what can be improved
here?

There are a couple of settings related to this that might be worth playing with:

	proxy.config.net.connections_throttle
	proxy.config.http.server_max_connections
	proxy.config.http.origin_max_connections

The other thing that might be worth checking is if you are running into a bug that might “leak”
FDs:

	https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-2267

I.e. do you see a lot of TCP sessions in the output of e.g. “ss -s “ ?

— Leif