From Yongming Zhao <ming....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: the cluster refine codes in on refine_cluster branch
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2013 09:50:16 GMT
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Clustering

here is the long waiting documents on how to config and manage the new cluster, and I will
translate them all into English.

the merge codes may have some issue, on building and performance, please don’t put in production
anyway.

thanks

在 2013年11月21日,下午2:45,Yongming Zhao <ming.zym@gmail.com> 写道:

> 20 hours ago, Weijin pushed out our first effort of forward porting our cluster refine
codes, in this big fat patch, we have refined the cluster communication in the message level,
to archive better performance.

> what we do:
> 	• make cluster a pure message driven layer, no more vc splice on each side
> 	• cleanup the msg encapsulation and callback implements
> 	• modified the cache cluster interface
> due to the big change we made, there is something we changed in the cluster:
> 	* load monitor
> 	* hostdb cluster interface
> as our main platform is Linux, and due to the network codes we can not reuse, we have
made some dirty codes into the new cluster, that will need more work to get clean, to make
it multi-platform aware and clean.