From Esmq <e...@163.com>
Subject Re:Re: Configs does not apply !
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 04:24:51 GMT
it occurs occasionally~

# add the following line to remap.config
map         http://a.test.com/            http://a.test.com/ @plugin=regex_remap.so @pparam=maps/a.test.com
# the remap rule already in remap.config
regex_map   http://(.*).test.com/         http://$1.test.com/

then reload the config by  run the traffic_line -x (for some times) , but config not apply
unless ats restart...

At 2013-11-06 05:41:16,"James Peach" <jpeach@apache.org> wrote:
>On Nov 4, 2013, at 6:19 PM, Esmq <esmq@163.com> wrote:
>
>> hi,all
>> i use ats v4.0.1, also i found the following two situations about config apply:
>> 1) config will not apply if not actual  change to the config file~  (mtime change
to config file does work!)

>> 2) when config apply successfuly´╝î a corresponding message will log to manager.log~
>> but sometimes ats skip the config apply (and  not log to manager.log),  i don't know
why ~ (particularly when change the remap.config, it fail to reload)

>If you can create a reproducible test case, then I expect that this is very fixable. I'd
need to know the specific configuration that you change, and the traffic_line invocation that
you are using.

>> At 2013-11-05 00:05:49,"Fei Wan" <wan_fei@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> If there's error in the new config you're trying to apply, ATS won't use it due to
the errors. That's been what I experienced with 3.2. Try fixing the errors ATS complains first.
Then the config change should apply without a problem.

>> On Sunday, November 3, 2013 4:27 PM, James Peach <jpeach@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Nov 3, 2013, at 1:55 AM, Omid Kosari <omidkosari@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I am using "Apache Traffic Server - traffic_line - 3.2.4 - (build # 32920 on
>> > Apr 29 2013 at 20:40:15)" on "Linux cache2 3.5.0-42-generic #65-Ubuntu SMP
>> > Tue Oct 1 23:38:22 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux"
>> >
>> > The problem is if i change config files and run "traffic_line -x" or even
>> > "service trafficserver restart" the configs does not apply .
>>
>> It's hard to imagine how the configurations even after restarting :)
>>

>> > for example in ip_allow.config i wrote following line at the top of others
>> > but still i can surf !
>> > src_ip=0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255                    action=ip_deny  method=ALL
>> >
>> > or in parent.config
>> > dest_domain=.  parent="1.1.1.12:6565;1.1.1.14:6565"  round_robin=strict
>> > go_direct=false
>> > where the 6565 is a wrong port and does not listening but still can surf .
>>
>> The first thing I would verify is that you are actually sending requests through
Traffic Server correctly. Use curl to verify.