From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 3.3.5: performance regression?
Date Sat, 10 Aug 2013 17:38:39 GMT
On Aug 10, 2013, at 9:14 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 10.08.2013 16:46, schrieb Leif Hedstrom:
>> On Aug 10, 2013, at 7:21 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net> wrote:
>>
>>> has anybody compared 3.2 / 3.3 in performance?
>>>
>>> ab -c 200 -n 100000 http://<url>/rte/upload/logo.gif while "logo.gif" is
>>> 643 bytes small and currently httpd without Trafficserver in front has
>>> nearly the same perfomrance with even lower CPU
>>
>> I haven't seen this behavior. Are you positive the 3.3.5 results are cache hits ?
And if so, that they become RAM cache hits? Just trying to get some ideas here … :)

> i hope so, if not that would be a bug

Try -H "Cache-Control: only-if-cached.

I don't think this is a read-while-writer issue, but it's possible the fuzzy prevalidate might
interfere. However I don't know if any changes in that code in the last year.

-- Leif