From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] New release process
Date Sat, 10 Aug 2013 23:13:13 GMT
Hi all,

I started a wiki with some ideas on how to streamline and simplify the release process:

	https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/New+Release+Processes

I'd like to start the discussion on this, and come to a consensus before next stable release.
One key decision here is what the next stable release should be versioned (I'm suggesting
we make it v4.0, with no micro version). The alternative is to keep it as we had planned,
which would be v3.4.0.

Please discuss, and lets make the updates to that doc as appropriate. Also, if the consensus
is to leave the release process as is, we should make that decision as well in the next 2
weeks.

Cheers,

-- leif