From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: trafficserver-3.3.5 GeoIP dependency
Date Sat, 10 Aug 2013 02:18:13 GMT
On Aug 9, 2013, at 5:35 PM, James Peach <jpeach@apache.org> wrote:

> On Aug 9, 2013, at 4:11 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net> wrote:
>

>> what would be really cool is a "--with-minimzed" to build binaries with
>> as less footprint as possible and after the switch maybe add explicit
>> features like "--with-jemalloc" but a minimzed build only using the
>> flags which are neeed for a simple, high-performance proxy
>
> Yeh, there's a build option like that in there. It suffers from bitrot because there's
no maintainer and no agreement on what the minimal footprint ought to be. Increasingly I believe
that additional capabilities should be plugins.

That option was removed. And fwiw, the last 2-3 years worth of development has focused on
APIs and plugins, and not add things to core unless necessary.

-- leif