From "Eagen, Dave" <David.Ea...@biworldwide.com>
Subject RE: Only 1 core is utilized
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 14:36:55 GMT
As I understand it that process is the kernel process for the Ethernet interface. It's not
traffic-server. You may need to investigate splitting the traffic between two interfaces.

From: Noam Schiff [mailto:noamschiff@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 9:15 AM
To: users@trafficserver.apache.org
Subject: Only 1 core is utilized

Hi,

I'm running thousands of transactions per seconds through the trafficserver but I apperantly
only 1 core is really working hard while all the other are pretty idle.
I saw the process ET_NET_0 consumes around 70 of the CPU (which I assume that this process
is being handled by the only core who actually working hard).

My question is how can I make the trafficserver uses more cores (I assume that I need to create
more process like this...maybe ET_NET_1, ET_NET_2???)

I changed the below line from 2 to 8 in "records.config" file but it doesn't do the trick:
CONFIG proxy.config.exec_thread.limit INT 8 (the default is 2)

Any thoughts?

This e-mail message is being sent solely for use by the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
 If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by phone or reply by e-mail,
delete the original message and destroy all copies. Thank you.