From Petru Ghita <petru.gh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: remap DELETE method
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2013 02:37:33 GMT
No, it's a lot simpler.

I have a Confluence instance behind a traffic server, and it needs to
invoke a DELETE method to delete a label in this case. So I get the
following message in the squid.log:

1376273947.688 0 x.x.x.x ERR_PROXY_DENIED/403 488 DELETE
http://10.0.18.101:8090/rest/ui/1.0/content/5406906/label/6356993 -
DIRECT/- text/html -

Of course the GET methods work perfectly and they are targeted to the
same internal IP as the DELETE methods.

My remap.config had this particular mapping as:

map http://mydomain.com http://10.0.18.101:8090

so after reading into that file documentation I tried to modify it as:

#map http://mydomain.com http://10.0.18.101:8090 @action=allow
@method=DELETE @src_ip=0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255

Hoping that it'd solve the issue, but it does not.

Thank you,
Petru Ghita

On 08/12/2013 04:11 AM, Leif Hedstrom wrote:
> On Aug 11, 2013, at 8:07 PM, Petru Ghita <petru.ghita@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I need to remap a DELETE method to an origin server.
>> Looking into remap.config I figured I should use something like:
>>
>> map http://mydomain.com http://10.0.18.101:8090 @action=allow
>> @method=DELETE @src_ip=0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255
>
> Is the expectation that you want to map DELETE to a different origin than the GET ? If
so, that's not possible using the remap.config (you'd have to write a plugin in C/C++ or Lua).

> What the src_ip and method directives specifies are ACLs, i.e. allow DELETE from the
IP range.