From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: host database broken
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2013 22:55:12 GMT

Am 10.08.2013 00:43, schrieb Leif Hedstrom:
> On Aug 9, 2013, at 4:39 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net> wrote:
>> if it would be placed in /var/cache/trafficserver instead of /etc/trafficserver/internal
>> all would be fine - the point is that for security reasons no server process should
>> need mandatory write access for /etc, not more and not less and for non-clustered
>> all the messages below could go away easily
>
> sounds good, file a bug and attach a patch :). It'd be a simple change I think, and now
that
> we've started v3.5.x development, it's ok to break compatibility

well, if i would be a C-programmer you already would have a patch as well as
i would investigate what is eating CPU load all the long in idle-state which
results in around 150 MHz idle-load

on a VMware host with having on each guest one application doing this you end up
easily in 4-5 GHz where you otherwise have 500-700 Mhz for 15 guests with one ATS

unfortunately i am PHP/MySQL developer and sysadmin with RPM-package skills :-(