From Brian Geffon <briangef...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Only 1 core is utilized
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 15:41:05 GMT
Interesting, traffic server creates a ton of threads so it should definitely distribute across
cores unless there is something forcing affinity.

On Aug 7, 2013, at 8:34 AM, Noam Schiff <noamschiff@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's not that I see only 1 core on top, I see 8 but only 1 is utilized
>
> On Aug 7, 2013 6:30 PM, "Brian Geffon" <briangeffon@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Try Shift + H in top.
>>
>> Brian
>>
>> On Aug 7, 2013, at 7:14 AM, Noam Schiff <noamschiff@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm running thousands of transactions per seconds through the trafficserver
but I apperantly only 1 core is really working hard while all the other are pretty idle.
>> > I saw the process ET_NET_0 consumes around 70 of the CPU (which I assume that
this process is being handled by the only core who actually working hard).

>> > My question is how can I make the trafficserver uses more cores (I assume that
I need to create more process like this...maybe ET_NET_1, ET_NET_2???)